Monday, May 25, 2009

Adventures in Counting

In what is surely the most depressing thing to happen to me within the last half hour -- I have spent the last half hour trying to figure out how to get a counter placed on this blog. 

Now, I know what you're thinking: nobody comes to this blog. No one. Not a soul. As such, the number zero (0) should be easy to count. 

And indeed it is, snarky person. But still, I wanted to get some idea of the depth of the zero-ness. 

And what did I find? 

Well, getting a counter on your site is harder than it looks. It turns out it's, you know, a program of some kind. Which needs to be loaded onto a server (doesn't this thing know I'm a dude sitting on his bed with a laptop?). Anyway, the only way to do it was to use a third party's program loaded onto their server, which I then link to. So reluctantly, I did it, though I'm not exactly sure why I was reluctant. Having a site link to you is just the kind of free, spontaneous advertising that really makes people! 

My favorite part of this? The notation that the counter contained advertising I am Expressly Forbidden to remove! Hahaha. 

Weren't you listening, third party counter? Nobody comes to this blog! You will not make money from me, capitalist swine! 

Ahem. 

So there it is, at the bottom of this page. I look forward to it not progressing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment